David and Tiffany have served together as lead pastors and worship leaders for many years. They have a passion for music and the arts and have written and recorded many songs. David is a gifted teacher and loves God’s word and its daily application for everyday life. They have been blessed with four wonderful children, Miles, David Jr., Jake, and Zoë and feel tremendously honored to lead and serve Memphis Tabernacle.
TO SEE PEOPLE ENCOUNTER GOD, WALK IN FREEDOM, AND LIVE OUT THEIR DESTINY IN CHRIST JESUS.
Luke 4:18-19 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the oppressed free; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.
Psalms 27:4,6 One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life... Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
We are a church who prays and worships God with our whole heart. We call out to Him and believe that He hears us and answers. Worship unifies our hearts and voices with the sound of heaven, welcoming God's Presence into our everyday lives.
FAITH IN GOD'S WORD (Hebrews 11:6; 1 John 5:14-15)
We have faith in God’s word and make decisions based on His direction. We do not operate in fear.
OUTREACH (Mark 16:15-17, 20 NIV)
There is no higher priority than seeing people come to Jesus. We share the gospel and make disciples everywhere - our city, our nation, and our world.
LOVE & GENEROSITY (Mark 12:31; Prov 11:25)
Love is our culture. We genuinely love and honor every person believing that people are of the highest value to God. Generosity freely flows from God through us.
UNITY & DIVERSITY (Psalm 133; Galatians 3:28)
We are a diverse church but one family, believing that our unity is essential for God’s Spirit to freely flow. We celebrate the unique gifts in every life. We are kingdom-minded and champion what God is doing both inside and outside of our church.
HUMILITY & SUBMISSION (James 4:6; Rom 13:1-2)
We walk in humility and serve one another as unto the Lord. We receive our leaders as gifts from the Lord and embrace the corporate vision as our own.
INTEGRITY (Proverbs 10:9)
We are a people of good character both privately and publicly and always seek to follow through on our commitments.
CREATIVE EXCELLENCE (Ex 35:30-33; Eccl 9:10-11)
We were created in the image and likeness of God, so we continually create and innovate to keep things fresh and relevant with a spirit of excellence. We do everything to the best of our ability as unto the Lord, giving thanks to God.
FAMILY & FUN (Eph 3:14-15; Col 3:17 )
Our church is a family where all are welcomed regardless of their background or where they are in their journey. We love to celebrate and have fun together and take joy in partnering to do God's kingdom work.
THE NEXT GENERATION (Psalm 127:3-5)
We love Kids and Youth and are passionately commited to help them win, go farther and reach more people than any generation in history.
Our Statement of faith
- The Bible - We believe that the Bible is God's Word, and not only contains truth but is truth. (II Timothy 3:16, 17)
- The Eternal God - We believe that God is a three-person being: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (II Corinthians 13:14)
- The Fall of Man - We believe that humans were created in the image of God, but fell from perfection and relationship with God by voluntary disobedience. (Romans 5:12)
- The Plan of Salvation - We believe that while we were still sinners Christ died in our place; paying for all of our sins ‚ past, present and future. (John 3:16; Romans 5:8)
- Salvation Through Grace - We believe that salvation comes only through Jesus by God's grace and our faith ‚ not by our good works. (Ephesians 2:8)
- Repentance and Acceptance - We believe that by sincerely turning away from sin and whole-heartily accepting Jesus as Lord, one is made right before God. (II Peter 3:9; Romans 10:9, 10)
- The New Birth - We believe that each one who receives Jesus becomes a new person inside. (II Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20)
- Water Baptism - We believe that all new believers should be baptized in water to publicly announce their new faith in Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19)
- Daily Christian Life - We believe that God expects and Christians should desire to live in obedience to God's Word. (James 1:22)
- The Lord's Supper/Communion - We believe that Christians should partake of bread and grape juice as symbols, to remember what Christ accomplished for them on the cross. (Luke 22:19, 20)
- Baptism with the Holy SpiritWe believe that the baptism with the Holy Spirit is the promise of the Father for all believers as a definite endowment of power for service and follows the same pattern that is described in the New Testament. (Acts 1:5, 8; 2:4)
- The Spirit-filled Life - We believe that it is the will of God for believers to be led and empowered daily by the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4:30-32)
- The Fruit of the Spirit - We believe that a Christian should show spiritual fruit, such as love, as evidence of a Spirit-filled life. (Galatians 5:22)
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit - We believe that the Holy Spirit has supernatural abilities to distribute to Christians. (I Corinthians 12:1-11)
- Moderation - We believe that a believer's daily walk and experience should never lead into extremes of fanaticism. (Philippians 4:5)
- Divine Healing - We believe that divine healing is the power of Jesus Christ to heal in answer to the prayer of faith. (James 5:14-16)
- The Second Coming of Christ - We believe that the second coming of Christ is personal and imminent. (I Thessalonians 4:16, 17)
- Church Relationship - We believe that it is a believer's duty to identify and regularly assemble with other believers in a local church. (Acts 16:5; Hebrews 10:25)
- Civil Government - We believe that authorities should be obeyed at all times except when things oppose the will of God. (Romans 13:1-5)
- The Final Judgment - We believe that all shall stand some day before God to be judged; and there receive eternal life or eternal death. (II Corinthians 5:10)
- Heaven - We believe that heaven is the beautiful and eternal home of born-again believers. (John 14:1-3; Revelation 7:15-17)
- Hell - We believe that hell is a literal place of eternal torment for all who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (Revelation 20:10, 15)
- Evangelism - We believe that winning people to Jesus is the most important responsibility of every believer. (James 5:20)
- Tithes and Offerings - We believe that the method designed by God for the support and spread of His cause is the giving of tithes and free-will offerings. (Malachi 3:10;II Corinthians 9:7)