COVID-19 Update - March 17
Dear Church Family & Community,
We’re sticking together. We’re staying in faith. We’re reaching out to others. God is at work.
After hearing updates from President Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force yesterday, along with recommendations from the CDC and the federal and local government and health officials, we’ve been asked to protect the spread of disease by limiting all gatherings to 10 for the next 15 days.
Our church leaders have been meeting and praying and have assembled an internal Covid-19 team to work through some of the changes with ministry at Memphis Tabernacle. Let me assure you, that we will continue to stay connected, pray, love and be THE CHURCH that Jesus called us to be. As Jesus said, “upon this rock I will build My church and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.” (Matthew 16:18 NLT). We are in good hands!!!
What does this mean for now?
- We will continue to meet online, with our normal Service Times. No open meeting services at this time.Sunday Worship - 9:30A (LIVE) & 11:15A
- Tuesday Prayer - 12noon & 7P (both LIVE)
- All events are temporarily on hold until we have more information. (incl. Dwell, Growth Track, Discipleship, Men, Women, etc.)
- We plan to be on Facebook Live on Sundays and Tuesdays, and we’ll update you with more information throughout the week as we have more.
What can you do?
Every person plays such an important role. Here’s what we would like to ask you to do:
1. PRAY - Stay in faith & prayer believing that God is at work. We will come through this victorious!
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.” (Phil 4:6 NLT)
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Tim 1:7)
- “ First of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.” (1 Tim 2:1-4 NLT)
2. STAY CONNECTED - It may be online, but all the more let’s stay connected! If the Lord has connected you with Memphis Tabernacle or with another church family, according to Hebrews 10:25 (NLT) we need to connect NOW more than ever before. “Let us not neglect our meeting together as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”
- Click HERE for the link to our Facebook Page where you can join with us LIVE. Also, invite some friends and family to get together and have a “watch party”. It’s a great way to connect with others.
- Thank you for staying faithful with giving… about 35% of giving at Memphis Tabernacle has been in services. We’re believing that God is going to continue to supply every need and that giving would not go down during this time. Thank you for believing with us. Click HERE for the Giving Link. Note: for physical giving, mailing address is Memphis Tabernacle, 1015 S Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104.
3. LOVE ONE ANOTHER!- This is one of the greatest times to love others, and keep fear away!
- We’re reaching out to see how we can serve those in our church family who are older adults as well as those who are higher risk. If you become aware of a need or would like to help, please email [email protected] or call (901) 402-4141.
- Also, reach out to those who are right around you and others in our church family. Let’s love and encourage one another. Let’s BE the Church!
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone on our ministry team, please email or call. We’re here for you.
We love you,
David & Tiffany and Pastors & Leaders at Memphis Tabernacle